Tuesday 27 March 2012

Shoe Shop Confusion


This slice of life incident happened recently when I was on the hunt for a new pair of shoes. This country is so rich in the various cultures & languages, it could easily become tricky to be understood. Events similar to this one most probably happens quite frequently. I mentally jotted the conversation & drew a draft the moment I got home. I've come to realise that stories may be 'less planned & structured' at times and still provide enough joy. Stories need to contain a lot of play & play mostly doesn't consist of too much planning. You just tell it as it is.

I've also wanted to explore ink washes & drawing from memory. Therefor the light source & perspective is quite straigthforward still. It is a lot freer to work in washes, I might like to do more in the future.