Thursday 7 May 2009

Dream places


I haven't posted anything in a while since I had the privilege to travel a bit - and not just any place, but my dream place. I wonder if this works the same for others too - to have a dream place. It's difficult to explain, but whenever I go there, I have the most wonderful dreams and I seem to see countless possibilities unfolding. My dream place. I hope you have one too.
I'm also reading Chagall's biography again - a great dream artist himself. He just painted what he saw in his imagination. Whenever I look at The Rooster or The Birthday I cannot help but feel I'm falling into his dream. (Art can also whisk you away to dream places - even when they're not your own.) Above is just a portrait drawing in pastel - just for a change in medium, just for fun.